Things to know about shipping and packaging
- Each shipment has a tracking number of the respective shipping service provider, so you can monitor the shipment yourself quickly and easily and inform us about any problems so that we can try to find a solution quickly. We also monitor DHL shipments with JTL Track & Trace and we will notify you of any problems and find a solution with you.
- Our packages / cardboard boxes are sealed with thread-reinforced paper tape or even with a special security tape (Red Alert Tape) so that you can immediately see whether the package has been opened and closed again without authorization.
This is just as important as with external damage to the package (hole, significant deformation, compression, etc.) that the deliverer notes this before you have accepted the package. Please take pictures and contact us directly via WhatsApp Support +491622564854 (no calls). The deliverer should ideally wait until we have informed you about further steps. In cases of doubt or if the deliverer does not want to wait, ask the deliverer to bring the parcel to a branch, parcel shop / depot for your own collection. In the meantime, we will clarify how to proceed with the help of the pictures you have taken.
- We work EDP supported and in the 4-eyes principle. The exact package weight is safely recorded in our modern JTL merchandise management system, we also have images and video recordings to quickly clarify wrong deliveries or shortages.
- We pack the goods effectively, safely and as environmentally friendly as possible without neglecting protection against damage.
- We mainly use new cardboard boxes of good quality tailored to the goods. These are safer than cardboard boxes that have already been used and thus better protect the contents during transport.
- We avoid sending items in original cardboard boxes or sticking stickers on them, unfortunately this is not possible in rare cases. In any case, we will dispatch goods without any further price labeling.
- Bicycle tires are shipped with GLS unbent to ensure easier and faster assembly. Unfortunately, this cannot be avoided with DHL delivery, especially for islands etc. In these cases the tires need some time to get back into shape, but the actual properties are not impaired.
- In contrast to Styrofoam chips, the size of the air cushions we use can be reduced quickly and easily if you cut along the wider seam with scissors. But you are also welcome to keep these air cushions and use them again to safely pack parcels yourself.
- For the sake of the environment, we use cardboard shredder material for the corresponding goods, if necessary we also protect the goods from dust and damage with bubble wrap.
- All shipping packaging materials used by us can be disposed of using the appropriate recycling groups (paper / cardboard, plastic).